Saturday, February 23, 2013

Trucking on.




Mt. Washington with the family.
 


I apologize for the long time between posts. I am not posting a very long post per usual. Recently my Dad lost his very difficult battle with cancer. My heart is very much broken. Due the saving from living a simple lifestyle. I was able to fly home and even extend a stay with my family. I have really in the last 3 months learned who my real friends are. My husband left for Alaska without me in December. Meaning he missed Christmas, my Son's birthday, valentine's day, 7 year anniversary. All while in that short span I had a small house fire. Which destroyed one side of the wall. Followed by two weeks later my Dad dying. Without GOD and my amazing friends. I don't think I would have been able to function. My amazing PATIENT husband who shows love through action more than words. Flew 17 hours with 4 layovers from Alaska to be with me. Took care of my family without a hitch then flow home 4 days later another 17 hours and 4 layovers. That is love to me. This did push the plans back a small time frame. My son and I will be still moving the house to Alaska. We are just waiting on some small paperwork from the ARMY. For now we are back in the tiny house. Running it off wind and solar. I will just be posting some pictures  Just random order. Bare with me.

My Dad with my son.
LOL at my face. The house, windmill and solar.




The T-shirt I made.
My husband being a smarty pants. The loft in the back shows are bed with are 250 water container.
 
This is neat.
 
Random house on the lot. TINY!
The driveway to the new lot in Alaska!

My poor dog after the 3 feet of snow.






 
 

9 comments:

  1. It is nice to see a new post. You have been through so much these past few months. I just wanted to let you know how muchI love youand express how proud I am of you. You are a blessing and an amazing woman. Give David a big hug and kiss from me. I love you!! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry to hear about your dad. I lost my dad 10+ years ago to cancer as well; a very difficult time. I'm glad your husband was able to get home to help you out.

    Wow, a house fire is very scary! I'm glad you and your son are ok. Have you figured out the cause, so you can make sure it doesn't happen again?

    We received 30 inches of snow from Nemo down here in MA. Thank you for your suggestion on looking for land in Alexandria. I spent a few hours driving around town this past October and I liked what I saw, especially being close to Newfound Lake. I am keeping my eyes open for land for sale there to build my tiny house.
    All the best,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Your tiny house that you took to Alaska is for sale?... Can you contact me privately?
      whisperedmemories@sbcglobal.net

      Delete
    3. The new owner is selling it now on craigslist

      Delete
  3. Found your blog when researching tiny houses for a post on our blog. Good luck with your adventures and thank you for being so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read your blog. Several months have passed without any updates to your blog. How are things going? What do you do all day? How is your pre-school son coping? How do you stay sane living in such a small house with all that snow outside?

    My husband and I are middle aged and have considered selling everything and living out of our motor home. I have a big house and I'm not sure I could adjust to living in something so small.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vice here. I can't gain access to my blog. Unfortunately in 2016 my husband passed away and I sold the tiny house.

      Delete
  5. Hi! My husband and I are both in the Army, and we want to build a tiny house to take with us when we PCS. I wondered if you would be willing to chat with me about your experiences and any advice you might have. I have some concerns about laws and stuff! If so, please let me know and I'd love to pick your brain. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete